Question: What should I do if I get the error below starting Mechanical APDL Product Launcher? ANSYS Mechanical APDL Launcher Error Error: Was not able to retrieve the internal ID value for this ANSYS Release. This is a fatal error; exiting.
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
Answer: As a workaround, you can try using a command line like the example below to start Mechanical APDL “C:Program FilesANSYS Incv192ansysbinwinx64ANSYS192.exe” -g -p ansys -np 2 -lch -dir “C:temp” -j test -s read -l en-us -t -d win32 Note: This example starts 19.2 using the Mechanical Enterprise license and 2 cores and uses C:temp as the working directory. You may need to make changes for the version, working directory and your license type. To make changes copy the command line into notepad, make changes and then either save it as a batch file with .bat extension (not .txt extension) or copy the command line with changes, click on Windows start button and paste it into search or Run dialogue box and press the Enter button on the keyboard.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- ANSYS Licensing Portal Overview
- Importing Zuken into ANSYS
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.