Question: What should I do if I get the error below starting Mechanical APDL Product Launcher? ANSYS Mechanical APDL Launcher Error Error: Was not able to retrieve the internal ID value for this ANSYS Release. This is a fatal error; exiting.
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
Answer: As a workaround, you can try using a command line like the example below to start Mechanical APDL “C:Program FilesANSYS Incv192ansysbinwinx64ANSYS192.exe” -g -p ansys -np 2 -lch -dir “C:temp” -j test -s read -l en-us -t -d win32 Note: This example starts 19.2 using the Mechanical Enterprise license and 2 cores and uses C:temp as the working directory. You may need to make changes for the version, working directory and your license type. To make changes copy the command line into notepad, make changes and then either save it as a batch file with .bat extension (not .txt extension) or copy the command line with changes, click on Windows start button and paste it into search or Run dialogue box and press the Enter button on the keyboard.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?