January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
Answer: The user.properties file location is %appdata%Sherlock i.e. usually in C:Users
AppdataRoamingSherlock Open this file user.properties in Notepad and find the line that starts with the word debugTags and delete that line. Then save the user.properties file. Sherlock 2020 R1 should start without issues. The entire text in Sherlock may include all the errors like example below: 12:48:32.970 INFO: Loading properties from user.properties 12:48:32.972 INFO: Converted debug tag ‘usePartsListUserPriority’ to advanced setting 12:48:32.975 java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1 12:48:32.976 at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1967) 12:48:32.982 at sherlock.config.User.convertProperties(User.java:142) 12:48:32.984 at sherlock.config.User.load(User.java:111) 12:48:32.986 at sherlock.ui.SherlockClient.SherlockApp.initConfig(SherlockApp.java:149) 12:48:32.988 at sherlock.ui.SherlockClient.SherlockApp.launchApp(SherlockApp.java:75) 12:48:32.990 at sherlock.ui.SherlockClient.SherlockClient.launchClient(SherlockClient.java:157) 12:48:32.993 at sherlock.ui.SherlockClient.SherlockClient.main(SherlockClient.java:125) 12:48:33.006 ERROR: String index out of range: -1
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?