Question: License Manager installation on Linux systems fails at the configuration stage with ‘Tomcat’ error messages: install.log: ========= Performing licensing configuration via the following command… “/home/ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing/tools/bin/runlmconfig” -install -lang en-us Problems were encountered running the licensing configuration. ======== install_licconfig.log: ========= *** CONFIRMING THAT PORT 1084 IS FREE… …The port is free. *** ATTEMPTING TO START THE TOMCAT SERVER, IF IT’S NOT RUNNING… …Using JRE from the following location: /home/ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing/tools/java/linx64 …FATAL ERROR: The Tomcat server did not start correctly. Please check the Tomcat log files. The licensing configuration cannot continue until this issue is resolved. Exiting. *** Exiting the configuration with exit code 2 *** ===========
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
The Tomcat process is needed for the new (from R16.0 onward) License Management Center. Sometimes on Linux systems, the License Manager installation will fail at the configuration stage with an error message that the Tomcat service could not be run. This is caused by the failure of the installation process (permissions, files in use, …) to move all the binaries from the folder /home/ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing/linx64/update up one level to /home/ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing/linx64. Resolution: This can be resolved by finishing the installation manually as follows: 1) execute the following command to find any “ansys” process already running: ps -ef | grep ansys 2) stop them or kill them using their PID: kill -9 PID 3) go to “/home/ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing/linx64/update” and move all binaries in this folder to one level up with the command : mv * .. 4) if you want, in “/home/ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing” folder, create a backup folder (for example “backup-date”) in order to save the log files in this backup folder : mv license.log* backup-date mv ansysli_server.log* backup-date 5) check that the license file is correct using: more /home/ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing/license_files/ansyslmd.lic 6) check that the initialization file is correct using: more /home/ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing/ansyslmd.ini 7) start the ANSYS License Manager using: ./start_ansysli The License Manager should start normally.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.