January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
It is not possible to return reserved licenses from another user on Windows even if the license server administrator has administrative privileges. Error: C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensingwinx64>ansysli_util -return_reserve_all ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR : Access Denied: This action cannot be performed. ansysli_util.exe -return_reserve_by_user ‘username’ ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR : Access Denied: This action cannot be performed. Cannot return the reserves for user username. ERROR: Access Denied: This action cannot be performed. The problem occurs as the service is started by the system, not the license manager administrator To allow returning reserved licenses from other users you can use the following keywords in the ansyslmd.ini file: RETURN_RESERVE=GROUP:
Description: Use this keyword to specify that either a member of the group specified can return the reserved licenses or that the only the user who started the Licensing Interconnect can return the reserved licenses of other users. This key Identifies the group or (comma separated) list of groups that are permitted to return reserved licenses for all users. Default value/range: Valid values are: The group name specified must be a valid Corresponding command argument: -reservegroup Action required to make keyword active: For returning the reserved licenses for other users belonging to the specified groups: RETURN_RESERVE=GROUP:group1,group2,group3 RETURN_RESERVE=USER: Description: Use this keyword to specify that either a member of the user list specified can return the reserved licenses or that the only the user who started the Licensing Interconnect can return the reserved licenses of all users. This key Identifies the user or (comma separated) list of users that are allowed to return reserved licenses for all users. Default value/range: Valid values are: The user name specified must be a valid one. Corresponding command argument: -reserveuser Action required to make keyword active: For returning the reserved licenses for other users: RETURN_RESERVE=USER:user1,user2,user3.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.