Question: Installation of the ANSYS License Manager 17.x on a Windows 7 platform fails during the configuration stage. The following error appears in the install_licconfig.log file: *** CREATING THE ‘ANSYSLicensingTomcat’ SERVICE… …Using JRE from the following location: C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensingtoolsjavawinx64 …The ‘ANSYSLicensingTomcat’ service was successfully installed. *** CONFIRMING THAT PORT 1084 IS FREE… …The port is free. *** ATTEMPTING TO START THE ‘ANSYSLicensingTomcat’ SERVICE… An attempt will be made to start the existing ‘ANSYSLicensingTomcat’ service, if it is stopped… …ERROR: The ‘ANSYSLicensingTomcat’ service was started but then stopped. …FATAL ERROR: The ‘ANSYSLicensingTomcat’ service was not able to be started. The licensing configuration cannot continue until this issue is resolved. Exiting. *** Exiting the configuration with exit code 2 ***
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
Answer: This problem is caused by the failure to move some of the installation files into their correct places. In this particular instance some of the binary files in the c:program filesansys incshared fileslicensingwinx64update folder have not been moved up one level to the winx64 folder. 1) Go to the C:Program FilesAnsys incshared fileslicensingwinx64update folder and move all the remaining binaries up one level to the c:program filesansys incshared fileslicensingwinx64 folder. Remove the (now) empty update folder. 2) In an elevated command prompt window (Start > right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator) type the licensing configuration command shown in the install.log: “C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensingtoolsbinwinx64ansyslm_config.exe” -install -lang en-us This will start the Tomcat service to allow use of the License Management Center and will also complete the configuration of the ANSYS Licensing
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.