Question: I ran a simulation using RSM. The simulation run was successful, but the results were not copied back from the RSM manager computer to my local client although they exist in the remote directory. No errors are reported in the RSM log. The log just ends after the results retrieval is called and the last entry is something like Using UserProxy running on MachineXYZ:51989  as DOMAINmyuser or UserProxy started on MachineXYZ:51499  as DOMAINmyuser. This does not happen for all simulations, but seems to occur randomly. I have this problem more often when the results are not retrieved immediately after the simulation has finished.
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
Answer: This behavior can be caused by a defect in RSM R16.x which is fixed in R17.0. If the RSM User Proxy log (located in the temp-directory) contains one of the following error messages •Exception getting UserProxy interface: Exception getting UserProxy interface: Access denied to UserProxy running as … •Failed to decrypt token: The padding is invalid and can’t be removed, the failure is likely caused by this defect. In this case, try the following workaround: •The functionality that might lead to the error can be turned off by setting the environment variable ANSYS_RSM_UPDEV. •On Linux machines, this should be done in the file …/AnsysBaseDir/v16x/RSM/Config/tools/linux/rsmuserproxy: Insert the lines ANSYS_RSM_UPDEV=1 export ANSYS_RSM_UPDEV in the following location: … ANSYS_RSM_UPDEV=1 export ANSYS_RSM_UPDEV RUNWB2=”$AWPROOTDIR/Framework/bin/$PLATFORM/runwb2″ echo $RUNWB2 -cmd mono $AWPROOTDIR/RSM/bin/Ans.Rsm.UPHost.exe $* $RUNWB2 -cmd mono $AWPROOTDIR/RSM/bin/Ans.Rsm.UPHos •On Windows machines, this should be done in the file C:Program FilesANSYS Incv161RSMConfigtoolswinrsmuserproxy.cmd: Insert the line set ANSYS_RSM_UPDEV=1 in the following location: … echo RSM_HOME=%RSM_HOME% set ANSYS_RSM_UPDEV=1 … •The modification must be done on the RSM manager machine and on the client machines. It is not required to implement the modification on all client machines at once. I.e., to test if it resolves the problem, it is possible to implement the modification only on selected clients. •A restart of the RSM services is not required, but the UserProxy processes must time out. With the standard settings, this happens after 10 minutes inactivity of the UserProxy process (i.e. no RSM data up-/downloads of the user).
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.