Question: I get the following messages when launching Fluent: mpt_listen: error: listen failed: Address already in use mpt_create_socket: error: mpt_listen failed: Invalid argument Node 999999: Failure to start Monitor System.
April 5, 2023 at 2:33 pmFAQParticipant
Answer: By way of explanation, a static port address is used for our monitor ring code (i.e process cleanup code in the event of failures) during start up. If the address used by the monitor ring code is already in use by some other application this error is encountered. As a workaround please use the following flag when launching Fluent: -nmon By using this flag we are disabling the monitor ring code, so this issue is not encountered. By using this flag, in the event of a Fluent failure, automatic cleanup will be disabled. So, in the event of failures, you will need to manually run the Fluent cleanup script for cleaning any orphan processes. In the Fluent Launcher, Environment Tab, please put in the following variable: FLUENT_SKIP_MONITOR_RING=1
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.