Q: The geometry has been changed and now I’m getting the following error in CFX-Pre: “The supplied name, “[Name of region]” is not a composite name.” How to resolve this issue?
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
A: This error in CFX-Pre happens on occasion when geometry is changed, the setup is changed accordingly, but something is left behind from the previous setup to cause this error. The steps outlined below may help with this: 1) In CFX-Pre, select File>Export>CCL 2) Important: In the top-right of the box that opens up, click “Save All Objects” 3) Write the file to somewhere convenient like the user_files folder 4) In Workbench, right-click “Setup” and hit “Reset” 5) Double-click setup to import the mesh into a now empty session 6) Select File>Import>CCL, and browse to the file you wrote earlier 7) All the physics is now put back to how it was before.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?