January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
A: delete %appdata%Ansys and %appdata%SpaceClaim Details: ——- It has been observed that spaceclaim can take a long time to give user control back after selecting a pull or other 3D operation. The problem was due to a corrupted spaceclaim configuration. Ansys stores configuration data in %appdata%Ansys and spaceclaim stores configuration data in %appdata%SpaceClaim. Deleting these folders should fix configuration issues and cause a fresh set of folders to be created when workench and spacecliam are next run. Diagnosing such issues can be very difficult. The Microsoft tool Process Monitor (procmon) can be very useful for looking at low level operating system events. In this case it reported thousands of NAME COLLISION errors as the spaceclaim executable tried to write to existing temporary files to the user’s temp folder. In this case, the user’s temp folder was also cleaned up as part of the fix.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.