Q: How to calculate forces and moments in absolute system for a transient turbomachinery run ANSYS CFX, during the solver run?
June 6, 2022 at 8:33 amFAQParticipant
A: In ANSYS CFX, during transient rotor-stator runs, the meshes of rotating frames remain stationary, but the relative position of the flow profiles at the 2 sides of a transient rotor-stator interface is updated each time step. The forces and moments which are calculated with expressions like force_x() or torque_x() are therefore calculated in the relative frame of the rotating parts. To get the forces and moments in absolute frame, a coordinate transformation is needed. If for instance the Z axis is the axis of rotation, the forces in X and Y direction ca be expressed as:
myForceXabs = force_x()@Impeller * cos(Angular Velocity * Time) + force_y()@Impeller * sin(Angular Velocity * Time), myForceXabs = -1 * force_x()@Impeller * sin(Angular Velocity * Time) + force_y()@Impeller * cos(Angular Velocity * Time).
Similarly, moments in absolute frame can be transformed in the same way.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?