Q: How can I create a variable that will allow me to plot the acoustic intensity on a sample plane in CFD Post?
Tagged: 19, Acoustic Intensity, cfd-post, fluid-dynamics, General
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
A: Acoustic Intensity is a vector field that has the same direction as Velocity, but the magnitude of Velocity*Pressure. To create this field in CFD Post 1. Go to the Variables tab in CFD Post, right-click to create a new variable and call it “Acoustic Intensity” 2. Keep “Method” as Expression 3. Select Vector Type 3. In the 3 component Expression text widgets that define the vector, type “Velocity u*Pressure”, ” Velocity v*Pressure” and “Velocity w*Pressure” 4. Check off Calculate Global Range and click Apply This will create a new vector field variable called “Acoustic Intensity” that can be plotted like any other vector variable.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.