POLYMAT: Use of Polymat to fit a visco-elastic equation in the absence of Storage and Loss moduli (G’, G”) data
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
Is it possible for POLYMAT to identify the parameters of a viscoelastic model without the Storage and Loss moduli (G’ and G”) data by using the viscosity and transient extension data curves only? It seems that POLYMAT does not want to perform the fit without G’ and G” data and issues a warning. Is there a way to get around this? This is a somewhat unusual situation, but we understand that acquiring oscillatory data is not always feasible for all materials. The following workaround is suggested: â€¢Create dummy files for G’ and G” properties and read them into POLYMAT. â€¢Set the weight of these curves to be very small like 1.0e-12 in Numerical options for fitting under Automatic fitting so that POLYMAT effectively does not use them in curve fitting. â€¢Fix the relaxation time to an appropriate value. Since we are using dummy G’ and G”, it appears reasonable that the value of the relaxation time will have to be supplied to the program. â€¢Do the curve fitting and get other parameters.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?