POLYFLOW: Initial boundary conditions at the inlet (orientation, anisotropy, stretching) for the DCPP model in film casting
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
What is the definition of the stretching variable (in words)? What typical values can be imposed? At a microscopic level, the stretching variable is the ratio of the current length of the molecule to the initial one. In shear flow, stretching is often very moderate. Now, the word “moderate” has to be understood objectively: the number can be small but it may have already a significant meaning in the physics! What is the typical value that can be imposed for anisotropy factor? One should keep in mind that right before the die exit in film casting, the material has mainly undergone a shear flow. Under normal shear conditions, the resulting anisotropy is moderate, so that s = 0.1 is already a good choice.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?