March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
How can a user identify the best mesh decomposition for running a simulation when limited memory is available, without running a long sequence of jobs? On Unix machines, there is a tool for quickly obtaining information for various decompositions. That tool is named ‘find_decomp’, but it cannot be invoked through the wrapper. Instead it can be invoked as follows. If the user calls POLYMAN or POLYDATA, usually, a message is issued on the screen: Starting /…/Fluent.Inc/polyflow3.12.2/lnamd64/bin/polyman Find_decomp can be invoked with the command /…/Fluent.Inc/polyflow3.12.2/lnamd64/bin/find_decomp In other words, the command is obtained via a copy/paste of the second string from the above line, where ‘polyman’ has been replaced by ‘find_decomp’. Without argument, usage instructions are provided. The user can follow them, and try on a simple case at first. NOTE. The user should subsequently invoke POLYFLOW with the appropriate option. The simulation may run if the required memory is lower than the actual meomry available on the computer.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How to export plots automatically during a Fluent simulation using execute commands?