March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
Evolution strategies are usually recommended when the viscosity law (Bird-Carreau or power laws) involves a low index. However, the selection of an evolution function and its parameters can sometimes enter in conflict with other evolution functions applied on other parameters. What can be done? When the evolution is only required on the power index, – Assign the required value (say n) to the power index – Select f(S) = 1/S – Set initial value of S as the required value n and upper limit of S to 1 When the above evolution scheme enters in conflict with other functions, – Assign the value 1 to the power index – Select f(S) = a + b.S + c.S^2 + d.S^3, with a = 1, b = -2(1-n), c = 1-n – Set initial value of S to 0 and upper limit of S to 1 A quick inspection shows that power index will decrease from 1 to the required value n. Other evolution functions may be created along the same idea and are mainly a matter of algebra. Note: Set evolution function should be such that the value of power index decreases from unity to the desired value.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1