Tagged: 16, fluid-dynamics, General, polyflow
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
A mixing flow is considered in a closed domain (no entry or exit of material and normal velocity imposed on all boundaries). A simulation is defined using the MST technique. The solver diverges at the first time step and may show a zero pivot. What is happening? What can be done? When the MST technique is used in a closed domain, on the boundaries of which normal velocity components are imposed, care has to be taken for the pressure. The fluid is incompressible and the pressure level is then defined with respect to an additive constant. The option “Assign the pressure” allows to set the pressure value at a selected point which must be in a region that is never overlapped by the solid body. It is important to remind that for being allowed to assign the pressure level, normal velocity component at least must be imposed on all boundaries.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- Running Python Script from Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.