Tagged: 16, fluid-dynamics, General, polyflow
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
A flow simulation with a Bird-Carreau viscosity law is defined. The power index is low and Picard iteration is therefore asked for the viscosity. The calculation diverges quickly despite the selected Picard scheme. How can this be circumvented? This may happen if the Bird-Carreau viscosity involves a low power index (e.g. 0.15) and a cut-off shear-rate far below than the typical shear rate of the flow. Indeed, under such circumstances, the viscosity drops by several orders of magnitudes between the first iteration (run at the zero-shear viscosity) and the subsequent ones. Applying an evolution scheme on the power index or on the time-constant of the Bird-Carreau law may improve the stability of the solver.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Running Python Script from Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.