Tagged: adaptive-meshing, fluid-dynamics, General, Other, polyflow
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
A mesh contains triangles which are nearly equilateral. The simulation involves adaptive meshing, with Tquality = 0.25 and the element size = 0.05 or 0.02, e.g. A simulation is defined such that the mesh does nearly not deform. If the value 0.05 is selected for the element size, the domain is not remeshed. If the value 0.02 is selected for the element size, the domain is remeshed at the fourth step, although the element quality is fine (nearly equilateral triangles). Elements are picked for remeshing if at least one of both following conditions is verified: – the quality is below the assigned value, – the size is not within the interval [S/2,S*2]. However, it is probably reasonable that the user select a size S, which is compatible with the mesh as initially provided. If the user specifies a smaller size S, it is then understood that the user indeed wants this size. Currently, the value 0.02 is significantly smaller that the initial element size.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- Running Python Script from Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.