June 6, 2022 at 9:57 amFAQParticipant
During the solving of the model, each elemental stiffness is evaluated. These elemental stiffness are used to calculate the global stiffness matrix. Ansys prints out (in the solve.out file) the minimum matrix coefficient and the maximum matrix coefficient. The coefficient ratio is the ratio between these min and max values. If the ratio exceeds 10^8, it means that the stiffness matrix is ill-conditioned, so the results should be checked carefully. The user is encouraged to check the setup (especially the material laws), and to enhance the mesh to avoid too much discrepancy between the matrix coefficients.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?