April 5, 2023 at 2:33 pmFAQParticipant
Open and Far field “STAT=0” : When the target surfaces of the contact pair does not fall within the pinball radius from the “Contact Element Integration ” the status is set to “0” Open but Near Field “STAT=1” : A contact element is considered to be in near-field contact when the element enters a pinball region, which is centered on the integration point of the contact element. The computational cost of searching for contact depends on the size of the pinball region. Sliding “STAT=2” : This status calculation is bit more complex, because SLIDE is also considered along with normal distance. If is in touching condition & SLIDE returns a non zero value then the STAT becomes 2 Sticking “STAT=3”: This status becomes active if the normal distance is zero (contacts are touching) & SLIDE also returns “0” value.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- Does ECAD trace mapping support more than one type of trace material (usually copper) in the same layer?
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Why there is difference in contact status between two load steps during Bolt Pretension? LS1: Bolt is Loaded LS2: Pretension is locked
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1
- Modeling Radiative Heat Transfer
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
- How to define frictional coefficient as a function of relative sliding velocity
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.