On Suse Linux 15 SP1 machine, Ansys 2020 R2 shows meshing editor launch error. [Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandFailedException:Message] Unable to start the Meshing editor. Ansys.Core.Commands.UserReadableFailureException: Unable to start the Meshing editor. Hardware has Nvidia Quadro card with latest graphics driver.
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
The problem is a newer version of libcairo2 installed on the O/S that is not compatible with shipped version of libfreetype in Ansys 2020 R2. Move the original copies for freetype to *.orig and copied in the ones from /usr/lib64. LinuxWorkstation:/ansys_inc/v202/Framework/bin/Linux64 # ls -altr libfreetype.so* -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1002528 Mar 28 2020 libfreetype.so.orig -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1002528 Mar 28 2020 libfreetype.so.6.orig -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1002528 Mar 28 2020 libfreetype.so.6.15.0.orig -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 761120 Oct 21 16:13 libfreetype.so.6.17.1 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 761120 Oct 21 16:13 libfreetype.so.6 -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 761120 Oct 21 16:13 libfreetype.so The meshing editor will come up. This was corrected for WB v211 by upgrading the freetype library in our install.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?