January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
Use FX,FY,FZ and FSUM on a path has some limitations that have been documented in ANSYS Help: “When user defined results FX, FY, FZ, FSUM, and FVECTORS (and MX, MY, MZ, MSUM, and MVECTORS) are scoped to a path, then it is possible that no contours will be displayed. The reason is that these types of forces/moments are solved only at constrained nodes. The result value at a path point is interpolated from the nodal values of the elements that contain the path point. If a path point touches an element in which some nodes have undefined reactions, then Mechanical cannot properly interpolate the nodal values for the path point. No contour color is displayed at such a path point.” This should explain this issue. A workaround is to go to worksheet under solution and create a user defined result for ENFOZ(element nodal force) scoped to the path. It may be able to provide some kind of nodal force information along the path.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- Does ECAD trace mapping support more than one type of trace material (usually copper) in the same layer?
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Why there is difference in contact status between two load steps during Bolt Pretension? LS1: Bolt is Loaded LS2: Pretension is locked
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1
- Modeling Radiative Heat Transfer
- How to define frictional coefficient as a function of relative sliding velocity
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.