New user facing error when trying to connect to a working HPC configuration via RSM. System.Security.SecurityException: Failed to spawn CommandExpectProcess
January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
If a user submits a job to RSM from Workbench and credentials have not yet been cached for the RSM queue in RSM or the cached password does not validate because user’s OS password has changed or expired, the user will be prompted to specify credentials for that queue. In this case, user credentials are not being validated on the server side. Here, user can manually cache their credentials for an RSM queue: /
/ansys_inc/v201/RSM/Config/tools/linux/rsmutils creds c[ache] -a account -rq queue When the user runs the caching command, they will be prompted for the password. For example: /apps/ansys_inc/v201/RSM/Config/tools/linux/rsmutils creds cache -a ansystestuser -rq Fluid1q Caching password for: ansystestuser Enter password: If that does not solve the issue, obtai the following logs from the headnode on the cluster and share with Ansys technical support: /tmp/rsmlauncher201- .log /tmp/rsm_username_ _pid.log
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?