January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
Keywords: Cadence, Spaceclaim, brd, mcm, sip Importing Cadence ECAD files into ANSYS SpaceClaim requires extracta.exe, an extraction tool, installed on the machine. The tool comes as a part of the Cadence installation package. Extracta tool allows third-part tools such as ANSYS SpaceClaim to read Cadence binary files. You don’t need to have a license, but Cadence must be installed either locally or an on a network drive. Sometimes, one may receive an error related to extracta.exe even though Cadence SPB is installled. On Windows, in order to fix this error, you can set your environment variables. If your Cadence (SPB_16.5) installation is located in the directory, C:SPB_16.5 • CDSROOT = C:SPB_16.5 • CHDL_LIB_INST_DIR = C:SPB_16.5 • PATH = %path%; C:SPB_16.5toolspcbbin; C:SPB_16.5toolsbin On Linux, you must include the following paths to Cadence software in your search paths: • your_Cadence_install_dir/tools/bin • your_Cadence_install_dir/tools/pcb/bin
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.