June 6, 2022 at 10:33 amFAQParticipant
In the file open dialog box, when you select the file type as STL, you can select the units that you want to import in. By default it is set to Automatic. You can change it to Feet (or other options available) before importing it. You can then go to File > SpaceClaim Options > Units > Type = Imperial, Length = Feet to change the units in which the dimensions are displayed for that document.
Keywords: stl, wrong scale, units, scdm
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Workbench CAD Interface for NX: How To Create Named Selections and Parameters
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: How to hide coordinate system?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: How to Perform a Clean and Repair
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Imprinting Geometry
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Shared Toplogy
- How to invert selected edges/faces/bodies?
- ANSYS DesignModeler: Weld Feature
- ANSYS SpaceClaim: Shared Topology
- How to avoid following warning in DesignModeler: Warning: Self intersecting or invalid profiles were ignored..Context: Extrude Feature
- ANSYS Workbench CAD Interface for CATIA: How To Create Named Selections and Parameters