My multicomponent real gas simulation won’t converge. What is one of the first things I can look at in order to move forward?
June 5, 2023 at 7:06 amFAQParticipant
Apart from the usual solver settings and best practices, which are documented, one of the next most common errors is using the real gas law for all components when only one gas is actually in the real gas regime. It may be possible to model only one component with real gas properties and handle the rest with the ideal gas law. This will enhance the stability of the simulation, because there is no real gas table interpolation or table or cubic equation of state for the ideal gases.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- I am running an electrochemistry simulation in Fluent. How can I access the electrochemistry reaction rates with UDF?
- How do I model humidity in Fluent?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine (ICE): Port Flow Part 1 – Getting Started
- LES Simulation of Turbulent Flames Using ANSYS Fluent
- How can volume fraction be plotted in a species transport simulation?
- ANSYS Fluent: Describing Non-premixed Combustion using the Steady Flamelet Model
- What is a DASAC failure and how can I correct it?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine: (ICE) Engine Sector Combustion Part 1 Getting Started
- Error “…Cannot find thermo database file …Reverting to default…” while reading PDF Table. How to link a specific thermodynamic database file to a case?
- ANSYS Internal Combustion Engine (ICE): Engine Sector Combustion Part 6 Results