January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
When reading in a large mesh or case file on 2 or more computers you get the following error: 999999 (….srcmpsystem.c@1210): mpt_read: failed: errno = 10054 999999: mpt_read: error: read failed trying to read 4 bytes: No such file or directory The problem is usually because you ran out of memory. You can set a different partitioning method before reading the mesh or case file. If you are using MPICH as the communicator we recommend using the Metis partitioner. 1. Start FLUENT in network parallel with 4 or more processors and plenty of memory. 2. In FLUENT select the “Parallel” menu 3. Choose “Auto Partition” 4. Unselect “Case File” 5. Select “Metis” as the partition method 6. Choose OK You should now be able to load the mesh or case file without memory problems.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- Aero-Mechanical Simulation of Turbomachinery Blading
- What is meant by Warning: Flow boundary zone 18 is adjacent to a solid zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Predict Gearbox Lubrication, Oil Temperature and Churning Losses using CFD Simulation
- Running Python Script from Workbench