June 6, 2022 at 9:57 amFAQParticipant
There can be few approaches to handle large number of contacts:
Approach 1: Auto-generated contacts may be detecting erroneous contacts across thin bodies. Delete the current contacts (shift-click to multiple select). Go to the connection group folder and set the Tolerance smaller than your thinnest body. May be ~25% of thickness for example. Right-click on the connections group folder to “Create Automatic Connections.”
Approach 2: Take the model to DesignModeler (DM) or SpaceClaim to form MultiBodyParts across bodies that would otherwise be connected with bonded contacts. This will mesh the bodies as the connected mesh. In DM, you can select multiple bodies in the Tree Outline, then right click to “Form New Part.” In SpaceClaim, you can select multiple bodies and right click to “Move to new component” or just drag bodies to a component name. In the Properties of the component, set the “Share Topology” to “Share.”
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How do I request ANSYS Mechanical to use more number of cores for solution?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.