Message: io_gunzip: Data error Message:io_gunzip: decompressed too little data: got 0 bytes, expected 24 0000 Message: read_compressed_dataarray: decompression failed
March 17, 2023 at 8:58 amFAQParticipant
This message is thrown by CFX Solver-Manager while trying to run a simuation by initialising with a *.res file. Normally, we see this message in a CFX application context when the results file is corrupted somehow or is inconsistent in some way. The problem is most likely a corroupt .res file. Something went wrong when writing the .res file (for example the disk was full and only part of the file was written). Check that the results file is a full results file and not one that is requested a reduced subset of results to be saved (this is done in CFX-Pre under Output Control Results Tab the Option should be set to Standard). This makes sure all of the required variables/information is stored correctly for restart from. Also if the file is corrupted (only part of the file was written), may pop up errors while trying to open in CFD-Post.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?