January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
In a data structure, which stores information about the source zones, the zone names are expected to be not longer than 50 characters. The longer names corrupt this structure, and the code fails to work because of a memory error. For example, consider two surfaces with ids 279 and 3, respectively. Consider that the name of the surface with id 279 is wall_blower_zone-wall_strips-rest… and that with id 3 is wall_blower_zone-wall_strips-rest…-shadow. Since these are longer than 50 characters, there will be memory error associated with the source zone data structure asd file. For now the work around is Read the case file and rename the two wall zones id=279 wall_blower_zone-wall_strips-rest… and id=3 wall_blower_zone-wall_strips-rest…-shadow to much shorter names, not exceeding the 50 characters length limit. Then write the case file. Restart Fluent and read the new case file (write and re-read is important!). Then Fluent will be able to import your ASD files.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1