Tagged: 19, averaging, cfx, fluid-dynamics, General - CFX
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
The decision of using either mass flow-weighted averaging or area-weighted averaging of variables is left to the discretion of the user. However, a common approach to averaging variables is to use area-weighted averaging for static variables such as static pressure and static temperature, and to use mass flow-weighted averaging for total quantities such as total pressure and total temperature. The reasoning behind this is that static quantities are more closely related to area while total quantities have a dynamic component that’s related to velocity (which can be related to mass flow). In many cases, there may be little to no difference in using area versus mass flow-averaging. However, mass flow-averaging only makes sense on boundaries or surfaces through which flow can pass. On wall boundaries, only area-averaging would be appropriate.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.