January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
License server specification is done inside the ansyslmd.ini file. File content is: SERVER=1055@licservername licservername has to be replaced by the name or the IP address of the machine that runs the ANSYS License Manager The flexnet port 1055 is the default one, please contact your license server administrator to know if it has been changed Each other server will be specified in the same way on a new line. File location is under the AnsysEM installation directory which is by default: Windows: C:Program FilesAnsysEMShared FilesLicensing Linux:
/AnsysEM/shared_files/licensing/ Be careful not to confuse this ansyslmd.ini file with the one used by the mechanical and fluid products under C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensing The later file is not considered by the AEDT products. NB: license server specification can also be done with the following environment variable: ANSYSLMD_LICENSE_FILE with value: 1055@licservername thus removing the confusion between the two ansyslmd.ini files.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.