License Manager wont start up with below error in license.log:- (ansyslmd) Unknown Hostname:
specified in the license file is not available in the local network database
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
I have seen this error referenced in many versions going back at least 4 years but it was 2022R1 I worked on and resolved. Below are some solutions to try in the order I think they are most likely to resolve the issue:- Solution 1:- Open the properties of the connected Network Interface and disable IPv6 Open Network and Sharing Center. Click Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your connected Network Interface and go to Properties. Uncheck the box next to ‘Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)’ to disable it Solution 2:- If this is a local License Manager with no remote clients checking out licenses from it you can change the hostnmae in the license file to 127.0.0.1 Solution 3:- Change the hostname in the license file to the FQDN of the License Manager Machine Run the below command to find the FQDN:- “C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensingwinx64lmutil.exe” lmhostid -hostdomain Solution 4:- Add an entry in the clients Windows hostfile (C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts) for the hostname and FQDN of the License Manager pointing to it’s IP address Run the below command to find the IP address to use:- “C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensingwinx64lmutil.exe” lmhostid -internet
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- ANSYS Licensing Portal Overview
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.