Launching Autodyn on a workstation with two dual core Xeon chips (total of 4 cores) fails with the following licensing error: ERROR: Number of processors 4 exceeded for AD2D3D Error: No valid authorization code (adin) found.
March 17, 2023 at 9:01 amFAQParticipant
Autodyn v6.1 and its previous versions always check the total number of CPUs in the computer where Autodyn runs. Regular Autodyn license allows the program to run at a two-CPU computer. For a two dual-core computer, the total number of CPUs is four, exceeding the CPU limit in the regular Autodyn license. The user should contact their ANSYS representative to get a special Autodyn license for a four-CPU machine. Autodyn is integrated into Workbench 11.0, which will be released February 2007. Autodyn 11.0 uses ANSYS Flexlm licenses. It has no limit on the number of the CPUs in the computer.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Ansys Licensing: Managing Activations
- Installing ANSYS License Manager on Windows
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- 2019R1 Workbench Fluent design point update (foreground in Solution and foreground in Parameter Set) stuck at end of 1st DP and doesn’t proceed to next DP. Fluent processes could not be terminated after iterations and cas/dat files are written in 1st DP.
- Installing ANSYS 2020 Releases on Windows
- Ansys Licensing: Activating Entitlements
- Troubleshooting with ANSYS License Management Center
- FLEXnet Licensing Error -96: Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 “WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)”) ansyslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down. (-97,121)
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.