It rarely occurs that RSM R18.x or R19.0 jobs suddenly could not be submitted or monitored, while other users work normally on same RSM server. It may happen on either Windows or Linux clients. Below message may be found in RSM User Proxy log file (/tmp/rsm_user_time-stamp_pid.log): 2018-03-02 08:32:30 [WARN] Mutex peeker has thrown an exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path “/home/john/.ansys/v182/RSM/Jobs/john/DirectoryLocker.lock” is denied.
April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
The DirectoryLocker.lock file is created under $HOME/.ansys/v1XXX/RSM/Jobs/$USER (Linux client) or %APPDATA%v1XXRSMJobs%USERNAME% (Windows client) to avoid multi tasking issues when accessing the job data. Any clients, like WB or RSM JobMonitor may write this file when checking/updating for the job status or job logs. The file may be left around if they are unexpectedly closed by killing the process, or if they crash. Manually deleting this file should resolve the issue.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?