Is there any way to sort the list of parts that is displayed in the parts window? We typically have lots of parts, and it becomes difficult to organize them and find them for modifications. Can they be resorted using a user subroutine?
March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
There are two methods to identify a part in the view panel of PLOTS. The first method is using Part Highlight under Additional Components in the view panel of PLOTS. If you know the part name and want to find where the part is in the view panel, turn on Part Highlight and then click the part name in the Part List. The color of the selected part turns to green in the view panel. If one of your materials is already in the green color, you can change the highlight color by pressing the arrow beside the Part Highlight and then adjusting the RGB values in the dialog window. The second method is ALT+Left Mouse Click. If you want to find the part name for a specific part in the view panel of PLOTS, click PARTS on the right navigation bar first. Then left click the part in the View Panel while pressing the ALT key at the same time, the corresponding part name will be highlighted in the Part List. You cannot use user subroutines to re-sort the partsin the Part List. However, you can create Components via COMPONENTS in the right navigation bar. Each component includes several sturctured or unstructured parts. Then in the dialog panel of PLOTS, select COMPONENTS to plot. This will make post-processing easier.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?