Is there a way to show the element coordinate systems so that I know what direction the bending moments are in?
Tagged: Element coordinate system
June 6, 2022 at 9:58 amFAQParticipant
Yes. The following steps will display the element coordinate systems:
1. Go to ‘Solution’
2. Right click >> Insert >> Coordinate System >> Elemental Triads
3. Select the geometry in the ‘Scope’ options
4. Evaluate the results.
It will display the elemental co-ordinate system for elements of selected geometry.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Structural modeling with ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- ANSYS Mechanical: Node Merge
- What might cause the “Error: HResult E_Fail has been returned from a call to a COM component” in SpaceClaim?
- How can you identify the element types used by Mechanical?
- How to change/assign element type in Mechanical?
- How do I address the DesignModeler error: “Lines do not form a closed loop”?
- Why does Mechanical sometimes issue a warning about having wedge elements in the model?
- Generating Mesh for Finite Element Analysis in ANSYS Workbench
- ANSYS Mechanical: What’s New in 2020 R2
- Is there a way to show the element coordinate systems so that I know what direction the bending moments are in?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.