Is there a way to import the gas-liquid interface obtained from a Fluent VOF simulation to a pre-processor (e.g. SpaceClaim) as a surface?
January 25, 2023 at 7:17 amFAQParticipant
It is possible to export the VOF iso-surface as an STL from either CFDPost or Fluent directly and this STL file can be imported into SpaceClaim. Once the STL file is loaded into SpaceClaim, reverse engineering tools can be used to manipulate the STL to create a surface.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Solver message during DPM calculation: “number of stepsize underflows during particle integration step is x”. What does it mean and how to get rid of it?
- ANSYS Fluent: Efficient Modeling of Spray Breakup using VOF-to-DPM Transition
- ANSYS Fluent: Describing Cavitation in a Centrifugal Pump
- Mixing Tank Modeling in ANSYS Fluent
- Simulation of Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Cooler with CFD
- Hydrodynamics and Wave Impact Analysis
- ANSYS Fluent: Lifeboat Launch – Overset & Dynamic Meshes with the Volume of Fluid Model
- Optimizing Solid Distribution in Continuous Stirred-Tank Reactor
- ANSYS Fluent: Simulating Multiphase Mixing within a Sparging Tank – Part 2
- ANSYS Fluent: Simulating Multiphase Mixing within a Sparging Tank – Part 1