March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
If you are searching for an ANSYS Mechanical APDL command that will dump the complete contents of a results set to an ASCII text file, there is the AUX2 DUMP command however the rst file must have been created using a single processor. Also the output is by record id and you will need to refer to the Programmers Manual in the help to interpret each records content. If the file was created with multiple processors then you would have to use many ptr commands to step thru the records. There are two other approaches that use commands. The first would be to use the POST1 print commands for the desired items. These include PRNSOL, PRESOL, PRETAB, PRNLD, PRRSOL, PRENERGY, and a few others. Use the /OUPUT command to specify the file name. See the /HEADER, /FORMAT, and /PAGE for output controls on some of them. The output format is otherwise fixed by the program code. The second approach would be to use *VGET commands along with *GET command in do loops to retrieve the desired quantities into array parameters then use *VWRITE or *MWRITE to output the arrays to ASCII text files. You have control over the output format and contents. Additionally you can use array and parameter operations (*VFUN for example) to do calculations and output calculated values. A few quantities may not be retrievable into parameters.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How do I request ANSYS Mechanical to use more number of cores for solution?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.