March 17, 2023 at 9:00 amFAQParticipant
Negative creep is not possible. We trap this in the material algorithms and limit the creep increment to be positive. Negative swelling is possible. The creep swelling can be a function of the material state such as stress and creep strain – just like the deviatoric creep. In MAPDL we only have deviatoric creep behavior. Our swelling is similar to thermal strain and it can’t be a function of the current material state such as stress and creep strain, but user could probably implement a user swelling model that was a function of the material state from the previous substep.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS ACCS: Simulation of a Composite Rib Using ANSYS Composite Cure Simulation Tool
- Question: What is the difference between PLNSOL, EPPL, EQV and PLNSOL,NL,EPEQ?
- Hyperelastic Simulations
- ANSYS Mechanical: Delamination Analysis using Contact Debonding
- Is Johnson Cook model supported for static structural analysis?
- When the material data sheet of a polymer reports both the Tensile and the Flexural Modulus, which value may be used in place of Young’s Modulus?
- Does it make sense to use viscoelastic material in static structural since it requires the calculation of strain rate?
- Guidelines of modeling a gasket.
- Why the anisotropic stiffness matrix in Engineering Data highlighted in yellow?
- How does the analysis interpret the time beyond the shear relaxation test data? Will it be a linear behavior. Say, I have shear relaxation data for 10 minutes, and I set my analysis to run for a time of 20 minutes.