Is it possible to reference imported CAD files to a relative drive path as might be used with Sharepoint or Onedrive?
Tagged: 19, CAD Imports, designmodeler, mechanical, structural-mechanics
March 17, 2023 at 8:59 amFAQParticipant
In terms of the geometry plug-in there is no setting to setup the behaviour of the CAD file path but there is a possible alternative. When a project is saved workbench creates a file (shortcut) and a folder with the same name (the folder name has _files in the end). Inside this folder there is another one called user_files. If you copy your geometry file to this folder, wherever your ANSYS files archived or copied, the files in this folder are included as well. Therefore, if you import the geometry file from this folder or point to it in the Import in DM for example, that path will remain valid.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?
- Please explain the warning message “coefficient ratio exceeds 10e8” ?
- How to Connect Excel to Workbench
- How can I plot bodies colored by material property in Workbench?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.