Is it possible to monitor data during a run on a surface that doesn’t coincide with the geometry or mesh interface? Is it possible to calculate expressions on this surface during the run?
January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
We have the following two videos that show how to monitor data on a user surface in CFD-Post during a run. These surfaces are essentially point clouds so they don’t have connectivity data. Because of this it’s not possible to create an expression based on a user surface and monitor it in Solver Manager. For example, you couldn’t monitor areaAve(Temperature)@User Surface 1 in the Solver Manager. In order to monitor a quantity like areaAve, you would need to cut the geometry and have a mesh interface where you want to calculate the areaAve. User Locations in Transient Simulations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjUNqk_wn3A Note that to create a User Surface, you can load a pre-existing .res or the .def into CFD-Post, then create a Plane, then go to File > Export > Export and select Type = Geometry only for the plane. Real-Time Solution Monitoring https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyRPvQAVBrY
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1