January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
One can do this by setting a non-zero value for the 9th real constant, TAUMAX, for the contact elements. This limits the maximum frictional stress developed in a contact pair. In WB Mechaical, this can be defined by inseting the following command under the contact of interest: RMODIF,cid,9,taumax TAUMAX has the units of stress and is generally calculated as TAUMAX = (Yield strength)/square root(3). The yield strength of the material on Contact side is used for this calculation. Also, it is recommended that the contact behavior is set to Asymmetric and designating the softer material as Contact side when this command is used.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Does ECAD trace mapping support more than one type of trace material (usually copper) in the same layer?
- How to define frictional coefficient as a function of relative sliding velocity
- ANSYS Mechanical: Fatigue Crack Growth Analysis using SMART Crack Growth
- How can I understand Beam Probe results?
- Can the contact type (bonded or frictional) affect thermal results?
- What is the difference between secant and instantaneous coefficients of thermal expansion (CTE)?
- What does ambient temperature represent when using surface to surface radiation?
- What is pinball radius and does mesh size effect this value?
- Which time integration scheme is used in transient thermal analysis and how to change the scheme?
- Static Structural Analysis of a Rear Upright – Part 1