Is it possible to generate a response spectrum in directly from an array parameter of acceleration vs. time without using a model?
January 25, 2023 at 7:34 amFAQParticipant
Yes. You have to create at least one dummy node, but otherwise the input below creates a response spectrum from array parameters. ! creation of a response spectrum from a time history stored in ! array parameters var1 (time) and var2 (data) the array parameter ! freq contains the frequencies to be computed *dim,var1,,20 ! store input in 2 array parameters *dim,var2,,20 *dim,freq,,30 ! time points of time-history (could *VREAD) *vfil,var1(1),ramp,.001,.001 *stat,var1 *vfil,var2(1),ramp,0,0 ! data of time-history (could *VREAD) var2(10)=1 ! create impulse time history – should produce flat unit spectrum *stat,var2 *vfil,freq(1),ramp,5,1 ! frequencies 5, 6, … , 34 *stat,var3 /prep7 ! make a dummy model n,1 fini /post26 store,alloc,30 ! allocate the number of time points vput,var1(1),1 ! vput the array parameters into post26 variables vput,var2(1),3 vput,freq(1),2 prvar,2,3 resp,4,2,3,1,.05,.001 prvar,2,4 ! variable 4 vs 2 is the response spectrum xvar,2 plvar,4
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I specify acceleration at a node? Could I use the ‘big mass method’?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Vibration Housing Noise
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- A Shock absorber is represented as spring element with damping constant. Modal analysis is performed using Reduced Damped (QRDAMP) solver. How to perform a Modal super position harmonic or transient analysis further ?
- Is it possible to perform a sine-on-random vibration analysis in either Mechanical or Mechanical APDL?
- Can you output the frequency response for a total deformation?
- In the results of a modal analysis, how can I define that a frequency is an output parameter ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.