Tagged: ansys-fluent, udf
June 6, 2022 at 8:32 amFAQParticipant
You can go to Report > Surface Integrals, then select Report Type as Area-Weighted Average, and for Field Variable Select Mesh, and under that you can select X-Coordinate, then select the Surface for which you want to calculate the centroid. This will give you the area-weighted X-coordinate of the centroid of the entire surface. You can repeat that for Y and Z coordinates. The formula used is: Xc = Sum(Ai*Xi)/Sum(Ai) Yc = Sum(Ai*Yi)/Sum(Ai) Zc = Sum(Ai*Zi)/Sum(Ai) where Xi, Yi, Zi are the X, Y, Z coordinates of the centroid of each mesh cell on that surface, and Ai is the Area of each mesh cell. Note that this calculation is mesh dependent so for a curved surface the finer your mesh, the more accurate the centroid values will be.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.