April 5, 2023 at 2:32 pmFAQParticipant
Yes, it is as long as the symmetry condition does not interfere with the remeshing in the vicinity of the crack front. So for example in a simple problem of a center crack in a rectangular block under Mode I loading (two major symmetry planes: one perpendicular to the crack plane separating the two crack fronts and one within the crack plane) only one of the two symmetry planes could be exploited: As the symmetry plane within the crack plane would interfere with the remeshing at the crack front, this one is not supported. On the other hand, the symmetry plane separating the model into two parts with each containing one crack front is possible in a SMART fracture model.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- The LS-DYNA equivalent of *MODEL_CHANGE card (in ABAQUS). Which keywords can be used to introduce(activate)/delete(deactivate) elements in the middle of a calculation (at user-specific time/load steps).
- The warning message is: “The maximum contact stiffness is too big. This may affect the accuracy of the results.” Why does large contact stiffness affect results accuracy?
- Contact Definitions in ANSYS Workbench Mechanical
- How to deal with “”Problem terminated — energy error too large””?”
- After Workbench crashes, how can I recover the project from a .mechdb file?
- How to display the color of each body based on the material in Mechanical?
- How to resolve “Error: Invalid Geometry”?
- Model has a large number of contacts – how to reduce them?
- Please explain the difference between Point Mass and Distributed Mass.
- How to locate an element of a particular ID number in Mechanical?