January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
Here are some things to consider: 1.For non-Newtonian fluids, boundary layer effects are important. The CFX immersed solid method is easy to setup and use, but does not consider boundary layer effects. The results may therefore be unreliable. A Fluent or CFX remeshing method is therefore recommended. 2.In CFX, new meshes can be created in advance to be read in at regular rotational intervals during runtime. The angular rotation that can be covered by each mesh is dictated by the geometry of the gear pump rotors. 3.In Fluent, it is possible to automatically remesh during the run without using a separate meshing tool or interrupting the simulation. The remeshing can be done both locally and for entire mesh zones as the mesh quality degenerates below specified quality/size criteria.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- ANSYS Polyflow: Adaptive Meshing Based on Contact
- Check CPU Time in ANSYS FLUENT
- Apply Custom Material Properties in Fluent
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.