January 25, 2023 at 7:28 amFAQParticipant
I_MPI_PORT_RANGE is equivalent to MPICH_PORT_RANGE and it is used for the Hydra Process Manager. I_MPI_PORT_RANGE was introduced recently, use MPICH_PORT_RANGE for legacy Intel MPI. At startup Hydra checks for the first available open port and uses it for Hydra connections to the head node (you can check this with I_MPI_HYDRA_DEBUG=enable). If I_MPI_PORT_RANGE (or MPICH_PORT_RANGE) is specified, Hydra will use only open ports from the specified range. But the launcher and fabric can use different ports. So ssh (port 22), Hydra (I_MPI_PORT_RANGE) and DAPL SCM (if used) can use different ports. We advise to open up ports from 30000-59999.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- When I am trying to launch Fluent, the GUI is stuck at this message. Host spawning Node 0 on machine “abcd-pc” (win64) There is no error. Same problem in serial mode I am not connected to VPN.
- How many cores are supported with a single or multiple ANSYS HPC pack?
- Failover feature ‘Discovery – Level 1’ is not available
- How do I configure RSM to send a solve to a remote machine (no scheduler)?
- Unable to start the Geometry or Mechanical Editor (Linux)
- Unexpected error: The following required addins could not be loaded: Ans.SceneGraphChart.scencegraphaddin. The software will exit
- How do I configure RSM to submit to a cluster we already have set up?