January 25, 2023 at 7:16 amFAQParticipant
When performing actions such as writing out zipped data (e.g. a *.cas.gz file instead of a *.cas file), Fluent will generate temporary data. This data is written to the temporary directory of your system, which is specified in the environment variable “TMP”. The temp-directory is usually set to /tmp on Linux and to C:UsersusernameAppDataLocalTemp on Windows. To change the directory, you can either set the environment variable “TMP” to another directory permanently (this will also affect other programs including the operating system), or you can set “TMP” during the startup of Fluent in the Fluent launcher on the “Environment” tab. Simply type TMP=D:mytmp in the field “Other environment variables” to overwrite the value of “TMP” with, e.g., the directory D:mytmp just for this Fluent session. Instead of using the Fluent launcher, you can also use the command line argument -setenv=”TMP=D:mytmp” when you start Fluent on the command line. Please be aware that when you run Fluent inside Workbench, some data might also be written to the Workbench temporary directory. This directory can be changed in the Workbench Options under Project Management -> Default Folder for Temporary Files.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- How can I create a Cell Register from a Cell Zone?
- Left-handed faces troubleshooting
- How to overcome the model information incompatible with incoming mesh error?
- Delete or Deactivate Zone in Fluent
- ANSYS Fluent: Introduction to the GEKO Turbulence Model Part I
- How to create and execute a FLUENT journal file?
- ANSYS System Coupling: Two Way Fluid Structure Interaction – Part 1
- Running Python Script from Workbench
- What are the requirements for an axisymmetric analysis?
- How can I Export and import boxes / Systems from one Workbench Project to another?