April 5, 2023 at 2:33 pmFAQParticipant
Displacement, stresses, and strains are reported in the solution coordinate system (see RSYS command). The solution coordinate system for element quantities (e.g., stresses and strains) is the element coordinate system. By default, for solid elements, the element coordinate systems are global cartesian. For beam elements is based on the element alignment. The solution coordinate system for nodal quantities (e.g., displacements) is the nodal coordinate system. By default, the nodal coordinate systems are global cartesian.
Introducing Ansys Electronics Desktop on Ansys Cloud
The Watch & Learn video article provides an overview of cloud computing from Electronics Desktop and details the product licenses and subscriptions to ANSYS Cloud Service that are...
How to Create a Reflector for a Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL)
This video article demonstrates how to create a reflector for a center high-mounted stop lamp. Optical Part design in Ansys SPEOS enables the design and validation of multiple...
Introducing the GEKO Turbulence Model in Ansys Fluent
The GEKO (GEneralized K-Omega) turbulence model offers a flexible, robust, general-purpose approach to RANS turbulence modeling. Introducing 2 videos: Part 1 provides background information on the model and a...
Postprocessing on Ansys EnSight
This video demonstrates exporting data from Fluent in EnSight Case Gold format, and it reviews the basic postprocessing capabilities of EnSight.
- Why is damped frequency is lower than undamped frequency with viscous damping but larger with structural damping?
- How can I specify acceleration at a node? Could I use the ‘big mass method’?
- How can I change the normalization method of the vibration modes from modal analysis?
- Is it possible to perform a sine-on-random vibration analysis in either Mechanical or Mechanical APDL?
- In Workbench Mechanical, how can I obtain strain energy output for Modal analysis?
- ANSYS Mechanical: Vibration Housing Noise
- In a Modal Analysis of Mechanical, why aren’t the Participation Factors Summary under Solution Information displayed?
- How to apply application-based settings to improve the performance and robustness of transient structural analyses?
- How to define variable thickness shell elements in ANSYS Mechanical? Is there any verification example of the variable thickness shell modal analysis available?
- Why does the prestress from Static analysis does not add up to the stress in Random Vibration analysis?